Friday, March 26, 2010

The Race That Wasn't - Bearathon 2010


DILO_March_2010-01979
Originally uploaded by cmiked
It rained on Saturday of the Bearathon. It started about an hour before start time. It stopped about the time the race should have finished. We sat around a lot. We were told it was still on. And then it was canceled. I'm disappointed but they couldn't control the weather. So it looks like my Spring season ends with 0-3 half-marathons in 3 months. It's golf season now anyway and I haven't swung a club since October. I need to get out there. We have a golf get together at the end of April in California.

In better news, my weigh-in today brings me down (or up) to minus 23 pounds since the 01.01.2010. I'm still working. I still have 27 pounds to go for my realistic goal. We'll talk about the crazy goal at a later date.

As far as training goes, I'd like to run in the Route 66 half in November and maybe try for a full by January so from here I plan to double my Saturday run and maybe double one of my weekday runs.

Edit: I forgot to add to the disappointment of the cancellation of the Bearathon.  We had both our boys and my in-laws all set to run the 5K.  I can't believe we were able to get the Craine's out in the cold and the wet.  But they were there ready to run, too.  They are planning to do the Komen 5k in April, so I hope that works out for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment